Friday, July 18, 2014

Cue the Music...

Sometimes, I am struck by the most random memories. I'm sure this happens to everyone. The memory can have nothing to do with what you are currently doing....so, I have no idea what reminds us of this event or thing....but, suddenly we are just hit with a moment.

I love random moments in memory, books, TV, movies, and everyday life. I live for random. :D That's what makes life interesting, right?

I was struck by a random memory at my brother's ring ceremony and it keeps popping back up. So, I'm going to write it down. Maybe then I can get the music out of my head.............

Are you ready to have the music stuck in your head?

Cue the music!

We were getting seated at the ring ceremony. Someone had told us which side was for the groom and which side was for the bride, and we were all getting settled. I was sitting next to my brother, Mark, and enjoying the amazing view of the beach and the city.

Suddenly, I was struck by the memory of my brother, Michael, getting his first guitar. I don't remember how old we were, but I think I was in the fourth grade.

Anyway, after Michael got that guitar, he didn't want to do anything but play it. (This is where the music comes in....)
In my memory, I was looking at a closed bedroom door. On the other side of the door you could hear Michael teaching himself to the play the guitar.....and Mark playing Nintendo.
Super Mario music and the plucking of guitar strings...............the music of my childhood.

And now you have the song stuck in your head too. I'm currently thinking of the sound it makes when Mario is getting coins. NOW YOU ARE TOO!

*sigh* Memories.

No comments: