Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful 2013

The time has come....here we go.......

I'm thankful for Skype. I've been able to chat with my parents just about once a week. I also get to see/chat with my sister quite a bit.
Skype has made my time in China much easier. Thank you, Skype.
I'm also thankful for Google Hangouts....we didn't use this much. But, one time we had a big family chat and I got to hear all (except for Chris...college boy...) the voices that I love.

I'm thankful for my family (duh). These people........YOU GUYS! They are magic and I often think about how lucky I am....cause they are mine.
I'm also very thankful for my sister and my dad sending me packages of American things.
I'm thankful for my brother Mark for making Internet communication easier for me (outside the Great Firewall of China).
I'm thankful that I come from awesomeness.

I'm thankful for Jessica. China has been......interesting for me. And no matter what happened, or what drama was invented, she has stayed my friend through it all.....

I'm thankful for Chinese food, but I'm also thankful that I will be returning to a land with SO MANY food options. I'm thankful that I will eat a burrito in less than three weeks.

I'm ALWAYS thankful for cheese.

I'm thankful for my friends (duh). I have such talented and amazing people in my life. You are all works of art and I love you to BITS. I'm so lucky to have my peeps.
I'm also (*sigh*).....I HAVE to be thankful for Facebook. Because it has let me stay up to date on the doings and wonderfulness of all my peeps.

And lastly, I'm thankful for the last two-ish years of my life. I did it, you guys. I came to China all by myself and I taught English. I lived a dream. I LIVED A DREAM!
It didn't turn out to be what I thought it would be. But, I'm so..........I'm wordless. I can't believe I actually did it.
I kept promises to myself. I kept promises to my students......and I fought through all the crap and I DID IT.
Maybe you don't know about all the crap. I didn't talk about it much outside my family.
But, this was hard.
And I didn't give up. That's all I need to know. I'm thankful because I KNOW that I don't ever have to give up.

Oh. Chocolate. Thank you, chocolate.

Happy Thanksgiving, my peoples. I love you to the moon and back.

SEE YOU SOON!


1 comment:

Caro Wuergler said...

Omg! Can I cry now!??? I'm Sooooooo proud of you LEAH!!!! THAT is an amazing accomplishment! Way To. Go.!! Can't wait to see you! Love you :)