Monday, November 25, 2013

No No

This story is about Jason. That's Jason.


I'm not sure how much I've talked about Jason in the past (almost) two years. But, all you really need to know is that we mostly argue about Mariah Carey. 
I understand she can sing. It doesn't mean I have to like her.
He DOES NOT find this acceptable.

Another thing you should know about Jason is that all he wants to do is go to gay bars. He has two friends that perform in gay bars (lip syncing and dancing). And if you hang out with Jason, you have to be prepared to end up at a gay bar to see the show and say hello to DouDou and MuMu.

Well, Jason moved to another city a few months ago. But, he wanted to come back to Kunming and take me to dinner to say goodbye......
But, he also wanted to say hello to DouDou and MuMu. So, after dinner, where did we go?

A new gay bar called No No.

I spent most of the night laughing.......and TRYING not to laugh so hard that I drew attention to myself. 

Funny #1 

DouDou and MuMu dress mostly in the traditional dress of ancient Chinese women. Then, they sing a song or do some sort of traditional Chinese dance. There is also an occasional Lady Gaga song.
And the whole time.....the WHOLE night.......they looked bored to the point of falling asleep on stage. It's hilarious. I've been trying to accomplish that level of boredom all week. But, I can't quite keep the grin off my face. 
Bored dancing might be my new favorite thing. I will master it.

Oh, and the choreography for the occasional pop song IS SO BAD! (I will master this also.)

Funny #2

This new bar has a group of straight guys that come on stage every night and dance with their shirts off. 
Well, dance.....I shouldn't say dance. 
Some of them flex their muscles, some of them shuffle back and forth, and one of them........

Try to imagine someone attempting to make the truffle shuffle a sexy dance. 

I sort of felt like I went to an unintentional comedy review.

Funny #3

Jason: Leah! Do you see there is another foreigner here tonight?
Leah: Yeah.
Jason: Let's invite him over.
Jessica: No. Let's leave him alone.
Jason: But, we should invite him over for Leah.
Jessica and Leah: No.
Jason: But, Leah! Don't you want a man for the night?
Leah: Jason. First of all. NO. Second of all...you brought me to a gay bar.
Jason: Oh. Yeah. He won't like you.


The next time you see me, ask me to show you some of the choreography. I WILL master it.

*sigh* I wish I had video of the "sexy" truffle shuffle.

1 comment:

Beka Bracken said...

Awesome. I wish I could go on your adventures.