Tuesday, September 3, 2013

NOT ALLOWED!

I don't have a kitchen. I have a balcony with a sink and a hot plate. I never thought about missing something like counters, but man......I miss counters.

Anyway, my lack of counter space is not the point.

This is what happened today:

I pulled a tomato and some Chinese cabbage out of the fridge. (I love Chinese cabbage.) I grabbed a pot and walked out to the balcony. I set the pot on top of my tiny washing machine and washed the tomato. I cut the tomato......washed the cabbage.....put it all in the pot.

Just like yesterday.

I walked back inside to throw something away.

Just like yesterday.

I walked back out to grab the pot and fill it with water.......................

NOT LIKE YESTERDAY: A bee flew out of my cabbage and into my face.


THIS IS NOT ALLOWED TO EVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

I would like to thank my hands for not dropping the pot or throwing the pot off the balcony. I would like to thank my vocal chords for not making any weird noises. And even though I'm pretty sure I had three heart attacks....I would like to thank my heart for not actually stopping.

I don't like bees.

1 comment: