Thursday, May 30, 2013

Well, that's not cool...

So, I got out of my Thursday class. I DO NOT LIKE MY THURSDAY CLASS! But, this blog isn't about those kids sucking out my soul and spitting it in my face.
This is about what happened after.....you ready?

I got my things out of my office and went to wait for Jessica at her desk. Jessica came in after her class and was gathering her things. Another teacher came in and started a conversation with Jessica in Chinese. Jessica looked like a deer in headlights for a minute and then turned to me.
"We have to wait for other teachers and parents."
"Okay." I was playing a game on my iTouch and didn't really think too much about it.
"There are gangsters down on the seventh floor demanding money. They don't have guns, but they all have knives. Sharp knives."
I stopped my game. "Really?"
"Yes."
"Well, that's not cool...."

So, we waited for a crowd. We all shoved on the elevator and the doors closed. 
"Well, at least now the gang members can't get on the elevator with us."
Jessica cleared her throat and said, "They are all around the building."
"How do you know this?"
"A parent told one of the teachers to tell everyone. To be safe."
"Great........"

At this point, I started to get nervous. I've had people try to pick my pocket before. In fact, I've run into three thieves on the bus. But, this was new to me. This was the first time I felt like real danger was possible.
And I discovered that I really don't like that feeling. 
Anyway, the elevator stops on seven and the doors open. There they were. I could see six men from where I was standing. And they looked like gang members...like they were following stereotypes on purpose. They looked pretty angry that they couldn't fit on the elevator.
Honestly, I've felt uncomfortable in this country. I feel uncomfortable all the time, really. But, today was the first day that I felt a bit scared.

We got to the first floor....and the rest of the gang was in the lobby. They watched us all walk by and leave the building. I asked Jessica what was on the seventh floor, but she didn't know. 
Then she says, "I was kind of hoping they would be wearing suits."
"That's the mob. Those were gang members."
"Gangsters. I like the ones with suits. They look nicer."
"Jessica, that doesn't mean they won't kill you. They just look very nice in the suit while they kill you."

Then we laughed. Then I felt better. Well, mostly. I really wish I knew what was on the seventh floor of our building. I wish I knew if there was a chance of them coming back. Cause I did NOT like this feeling. Not cool. Not fun. 

So, how was your Thursday? Just peachy? 

INTERNET HUG!

No comments: