Sunday, May 5, 2013

Leah English?

Did you know that was a thing? I'm starting to think that Leah English is 
beautiful and majestic dialect. 
Example......

Today I had one of my classes write a short story using personification. I wrote an example story about a talking orange that was afraid to go to school. 
(The other fruit kids made fun of him and called him a fatty grapefruit. So he hung out with a watermelon to feel smaller. QUALITY stuff.)
I gave them about 20 minutes to write, we took a break, and then they shared the stories with the class. (Only 4 boys came today. The two girls in the class were absent.)
So, of course, most of the stories were about things killing things. But, VERY CLEVER!
I told one boy that his idea was very clever, but his grammar was so bad that I had a hard time understanding some of the sentences. So, we need to work on his grammar....cause the ideas are there! Communicating the idea....not so much....
Later on in class, the bad grammar boy said something that peeved another boy. Peeved boy turns to bad grammar boy and says, "well, maybe if your grammar was better, Leah wouldn't want to punch you in the face."

My first thought: I should watch what I say around kids.
My second thought: MY BABIES ARE LEARNING!

The end.

No comments: