Monday, April 29, 2013

Lame? Broken?

I worry a lot. I think too much. I know these are problems. There was a time in my life that I longed to fix these problems. But, at some point you just have to embrace who you are and deal with it.
So. I'm dealing with it by admitting that I worry a lot and I think too much.

Got it?

Good.

Here is what I think too much about and worry a lot about lately:

I read reviews and blogs from other teachers that have come to China. I read about other experiences. And I'm starting to think something is wrong with me.
Is it possible that I'm just totally missing the magic of all of this? Am I in the wrong city? Is it the wrong school? IS IT ME? AM I BROKEN? Do I not know how to have fun anymore? Do I not know how to roll with the punches?

I've been thinking about this a lot this month. I don't know what is wrong, but I'm not having anywhere near the kind of experience that I read about.
So. I've gone lame....or something. I don't know. Is this country making me crazy beyond my normal level of crazy?
I don't know.
So, I think about it. I worry about it. I stew over it. And now I blog about it........

*sigh* *cough*



No comments: