Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Haircut...

The other day: Haircut Day!

Charlie went with me, to help me communicate with the hair dude. I brought two pictures to give him examples of what I wanted (to go with the translation). One picture was an example of what I REALLY wanted (but the girl in the picture has straight hair, so...I knew it wasn't very likely) and the second picture was a curly hair example. I mean, the curly hair option was as close to the REALLY wanted option as I could find.....
So, Charlie and hair dude talked for a while. I thought that Charlie was talking to him about the pictures and about my description......you know, like ya do....
The whole time the hair dude was playing with my hair. I noticed that he had a really nice smile, and I tried not to be creepy about how closely I was studying this nice smile. Luckily, no one was paying any attention to me at this point...so, I think I got away creepy-free.
Then, Charlie turns to me and tells me that the guy can't cut my hair the way I REALLY wanted it. I knew this was coming....I get this all the time, "this haircut won't work with the curl in your hair." But, this was not the reason I got......this is the gist of hair dude's reason:
I am not trained to cut hair this soft. Her foreign hair is too soft to cut like this. I can't cut it. Too soft. I will try to cut it this way......(and then he gestured toward my curly hair option)
So....did I get either option? Not really. But, it is much better than it was. So, now I just need to figure out how to style it in my "foreign" way. :D
On a side note: I've also heard that my hair is too fine or thin to cut in a certain way. This is the first time I've ever heard too soft.....I kind of like it though. Hearing that my hair is too soft makes me want to whip it around Pantene Style......

No comments: