Monday, August 20, 2012

Ummm....

(August 2, 2012)

I thought my life in China would be different. Not better....just....I don't know.

I read a lot, I wander the Internet, I go to work, I eat food......OH WAIT! I guess that is different. I don't really eat the same food.

OH WAIT! I can't understand anybody. Now, that isn't totally different. There are a lot of people in America that I don't understand. Some people just don't make sense, you know? But, here, I don't understand what anyone is saying. At. All.

That gets.....frustrating. Disheartening? Something.

The other day, I was walking to the store to buy some foodage. I'm walking home with two heavy bags and basically watching my feet the whole way....because I don't want to step on poop. Here, in good ol' China, you run the risk of stepping on dog, cat, or child poop. In the street. So, it is important to watch where you are going.
I'm walking around the corner and a man comes rushing out of a store and gets in my face to yell at me and shoo me away. His face was in my face, his hands were in my face, and his yelling was in my face. I stopped and said, "what did I do?" Well, this just made him yell more....so I started walking a bit quicker around him. I mean, I must have done something horrible....right? Like, walk on the sidewalk? Carry groceries? Wear a hat on a rainy day?

Ugh. I'm clearly a horrible person.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

Maybe he was asking you on a date to wrestling? I'm sorry Leah-Face