Saturday, September 10, 2011

Learned and ReLearned

I had a very interesting night. I was up from about 3am to about 5am....it was interesting. But, it is also another story.
I've been doing a lot of thinking today. Well, actually, I didn't have to work today. So, I did just about nothing but think today....ON PURPOSE!
Most of my blogs are about the random shiz on my mind. (So you are used to this sort of thing)

Here goes:

1. Mosquito bite on eyelid = OUCH
2. People are cruel. They say really horrible things. I don't understand what they gain from those hurtful words. And do those people realize how ugly it makes them?
3. I can't mambo.
4. I will put cheese on top of just about anything.
5. My brother-in-law can barbecue like a BEAST!
6. People need to open their hearts and their ears. Hate is a stupid emotion. I think hate within a family is one of the saddest things in the world.
7. I've hated before. I need to open my heart and ears too. Sometimes it seems easier to shut people out...and that just isn't true. You can part ways with a person, but shutting them out doesn't heal any wounds or solve any problems.
8. Pause.

You might be wondering why I'm having such deep-ish thoughts. It has to do with what happened last night. It isn't really my story to tell, but I will tell you this: Some teenagers were cruel, hateful and stupid towards one of my family members. It made my blood boil. It made my mind rant.

8. Play.
9. I'm not afraid to go to China, but I'm a bit afraid of feeling lost all the time.
10. I made some fantastic friends in college. I miss them.
11. I still love Eddie Vedder. Okay...this thought started yesterday. But, it is still true. All the time.
12. I wish I wasn't allergic to cats. I would have made an excellent cat lady.
13. This is a lucky number. I don't care what people say.
14. I started reading a book by Anne Rice today. It is a book she wrote about her spiritual journey. I'm not even half way through the book and I'm amazed by her all over again! I love the richness of her writing. She writes like a painter.
15. Am I a grown up yet?
16. I don't think I'm an actual grown up yet. Technically.....yes. But, no.
17. Katie and I need to get our book published. I read so many news stories that prove to me OVER AND OVER again that our book is important. There is too much hate.
18. Too much of that hate is coming from people that call themselves "Christians."
19. Jesus is awesome. HE IS LOVE!
20. We should be love too. But, I'm not going to change the world in one blog. I'm not even sure if I'm trying to change the world. I guess I'm just lamenting in numbered prose. Am I allowed to call this prose? Well, I just did!
21. BLACKJACK

I've been full of all sorts of emotions today. I learned some new things. I relearned many things. Sadly, the things I relearned were not happy things. Well, that isn't totally true.........refer to 4, 5, 10, 11 and 14. :D

Have a lovely eve! Hug someone. Tell someone you love them. (Tiffani, tell someone you lorb them)

HAVE SOME CHEESE!

No comments: