Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Castle in the sky?





The day started out with us trying to find Richard Burton's house. We couldn't find it. I wasn't all that sad about it.
We finally gave up and went to Castell Carreg Cennen. Chico was kind enough to take us out into the country to see the ruins. It is one of the most romantic ruins in the whole of Europe. At least...that's what Navin says...I didn't google it. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I was overwhelmed by the beauty! Every direction....EVERY direction....it is places like this that make me wonder about people that don't believe in God. How could science alone create something like this? (Well, man built the castle...)









This was the first time in my life that I thought...I wonder if I could be a farmer? I wonder if I could survive living a simple life in the country?
It was a good day! We spent a good amount of time wandering around the ruins. Chico and Navin didn't want to go up with me, but I think they ended up having a good time.






There was a farm at the base of the hill. I bought them ice cream at the farm....how can you have a bad day after freshly made ice cream?
Then we drove into the little town of Bethlehem. I'm serious. It was tiny. The post office was closed at 4pm. Really...we just saw a bunch more sheep and cows.
Navin did find the ruins of an Iron Age fort. He walked up to the top, but I stayed in the car watching the lambs frolic. I got lost in thought about the meaning of Easter....but, that might be another blog all together.
Point is- twas a VERY lovely day.

1 comment:

Becca Rocks said...

AWWW....so glad you are having fun and being all in loooove and stuff.