Sunday, March 13, 2011

Road Trip: Adventure #3

I stopped for the night in Memphis. I was pretty tired. It was just after 10pm. I was in a dodgy part of town...so, I was super surprised when the guy told me how much the night at the hotel was. But, I paid him and went to my room. I took a rolly cart and unloaded most of my car. Just in case I was in a dodgy AND sketchy part of town.
But, I still worried that my car wasn't safe. Then...I got too tired to care. But, just before I fell asleep I caught a news story about a dude running around in Memphis armed and dangerous. The police were hunting him cause he shot a five year old.
So, who had nightmares? Me. Who woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep? Me. By 4am I was bored out of my mind. So, I started playing Angry Birds and considered just starting my drive. But, I said, "LEAH! You paid too much for this hotel room. Stay. Take a shower and eat the free breakfast."
So, at 5:30 I took a shower and I was at the breakfast bar just before 6. I started eating before they brought out the eggs.
I was on the road by 7am. 4 hours of sleep........and I drove until 10pm that night.

No comments: