Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hey, Weather, STOP IT!

Welcome to February!

So, the ground is covered in snow today. This weekend I was wearing flip flops....and today our office is closed due to weather. No wonder everyone is always getting sick in Texas. This is crazy!

Of course, the weather has been crazy all over the country this winter. So, I guess I shouldn't give Texas such a hard time. I shall blame Mother Nature. She needs some peanut butter cookies, hot chocolate and a good movie. That will make her feel better...and then, in turn, she will be nicer to us!

In other news, I've started packing. Slowly. A very little bit over the past two weekends. Packing is not fun. Even a box at a time!
I've made myself put some stuff in a pile for donations. Nothing is harder than saying goodbye to books.....
I've always loved purging. But, for some reason, the books are the hardest things to see go. Even when they aren't my books! When I help other people clean out rooms, attics, and storage units......I hate to see the pile of books grow!
Maybe I will grow out of it. But, I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm waiting to hear back from some clients via email. I may make the trek into the office today. I woke up this morning thinking, "I spent half my life in Utah! Bring it on, Snow! You don't scare me!!!!" And then I went out and looked at the iced over parking lot and I thought, "Ummmmmm. YOU DON'T SCARE ME! But....other people driving in all of that do." So, I came back inside to hide near my email.

If you are in Texas, be safe! If you are anywhere else, be safe! If you are on a beach...YOU ARE A JERK! But, I hope you will have a frosty beverage in honor of all the people feeling frosty at home.

3 comments:

Charlie Pulsipher said...

I feel bad getting rid of books too. I think the inner writer in us wants people to cherish our books forever and ever.

Charlie Pulsipher said...

Yes. Please stop. I want to be well again and walk in the sun. I will try to be safe, Leah.

Tiffani said...

It's NUTSO!!!! I am one of those jerks who gets 60 degree weather. Be safe!