Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One time...

I was in the second grade. We lived in Redondo Beach, California. I was walking home from school one day and I passed by an apartment complex that had a bunch of trucks around it. I guess the complex had hired a company to come and trim back all the trees on the property.
There was one branch that have fallen in the middle of the sidewalk. It was a pretty big branch! I don't remember what came over me. I don't remember what went through my mind...but, this is what I remember:

I dragged that tree branch all the way home and asked my mom if I could take it into the backyard. She didn't seem too thrilled about the idea, but I think she was mostly confused about why I would want to do such a thing.

Again, I don't remember what my thought process was. But, I do remember what I told my mom when she asked me why I had brought the tree limb home.

"It shouldn't have to die alone."

The End.

No comments: