Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pirates! Yar!















We have a blog for our Travel Agency. You can go check it out at www.legacytravel.com/ramblings.
Anyway, I wrote a blog post about the Pirate Cruise Dinner I went on last weekend...I wanted to share it with you!

Enjoy!


Hello, my name is Leah and I’m addicted to pirates. (Hello, Leah) I’ve had this problem for years. My favorite ride at Disneyland was Pirates of the Caribbean (until the Indiana Jones ride opened) for the majority of my life. So, you can imagine my great joy when they made movies out of that ride and cast one of the sexiest men alive as Captain Jack Sparrow.

Anyway, I will move on. Pining over Johnny Depp is another blog entry. We recently had a training session with Lomas Travel about the various excursions that clients have available to them in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. I was appalled that I have been doing this for two and half years and I never noticed the Pirate Assault Cruise Dinner. I practically shouted across the table, “There’s a pirate cruise?”

I told Cathi over and over again that we had to do it. Cathi and I went to Cancun to film the eight Riu resorts March 25-28. I was very excited that she agreed to go with me! I’m really the luckiest girl in the world. I work for (and with) people that are supportive of my pirate enthusiasm and obsession and they only make fun of me a little.

So, Saturday night came and we were transferred to the marina in Cancun to meet our ship. We were on the Black Pearl, or course. I’m not sure how they split up the tickets, but some people were on the Black Pearl and some people were on the enemy ship. Jack Sparrow was the captain of our ship and I think the enemy captain was Captain Hook.

You get on the ship and sit on deck for the first section of the show. The first parts lasts almost two hours as you are sailing around the bay. It was wonderful. It seems like such a fun job…and the actors never quit. They were in character the whole time and having more fun than some of the people on the ship with us. They also were very good at keeping everyone involved the whole time. Cathi and I were sent down to the Brig for our meal and while we were eating the Captain came around to take pictures and make sure everyone was having fun. Side Note: He doesn’t make very good pirate faces in pictures.

I’m probably the wrong person to be writing this blog because I am forcing myself to think of the down side. I mean, come on, it’s a pirate cruise! They could have sat us on deck and paced back and forth glaring at us for two hours and I would have been singing pirate songs in my head the whole time…

But, in an effort to reach out to the peeps, I will say this – this excursion is probably not suitable for people that get really motion sick. It’s a three and half hour tour. (Maybe too close to a three-hour-tour for some people’s enjoyment) During parts of the tour you can really feel that boat moving, it’s loud, and if you don’t like audience participation then you might have to find another excursion while in Cancun.

They turn the deck into a dance floor! A pirate ship, food, pirates, loud music, lights, the ocean breeze in your hair…….and pirates…….doesn’t that sound like the best evening ever? You should go there. Call me. We need to get you on a pirate ship!

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I want to go to there.