Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 2: Hollywood Studios

I could live here. I could set up a tent in the middle of the park and live inside Hollywood Studios! This was amazing....and just for Cathi....today was AWESOME!
I started out on the Tower of Terror...........because I wanted to judge it. I wanted to compare it to the one at Disneyland and pine away for my homeland. I will admit that there are things about the original Tower that are pretty cool........but, the jury is in folks! California rules.

You want to have a strange experience? Watch the the stage shows! The "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Little Mermaid" shows were sort of like speed reading. They went right from...he's growling! They're in love! LET'S KILL THE BEAST! Hee hee.


This may have been my favorite part of the park. They give you a history of how the movies are drawn and developed, then show you some art from the upcoming Disney movie, and then you get to create your own art! You can even go to a Disney drawing class. (The upcoming movie "The Princess and the Frog" is the first movie in years that has been hand drawn. If I wasn't excited enough before........)

Why....hello, San Fransisco! Fancy meeting you here!

I love this Mouse. I don't care what anybody says. Mickey has always been a big part of my life. My dad worked for Disney........in fact! I found out yesterday that my dad was one of the original employees here at DisneyWorld when the park opened.
Both parks are in my blood!

Well, I did a lot of wandering today. This is the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Ummm...I have to admit something to you....I was the rude girl having a text conversation during the show. I'm so bad! I know-please forgive me. (My boss needed my password for my work email....and then I had to update her on all my fun!)
I had dinner in a Sci-Fi Diner. It was so cool! It was set up like a 50's drive-in and the tables were all the old cars! We watched trailers for old movies like, "Catwomen from the Moon" and "Men from the Flying Saucers." Good times.
I noticed that the waiters were wearing shirts and dresses printed with the Star Trek symbol. I made some mention about it and my waiter asked me if I spoke Clingon............"Ummmm. No." I don't even know if I spelled it right! Nerd friends....did I spell it right?
My day ended with The American Idol Experience. That was pretty cool. I'm not the best singer....but, one girl performed "Part of Your World" during the finale....oh my goodness. When I'm in a good mood ask me to do my impression of her.
I had so much fun today. I love this place. Walt Disney really did create a world of magic. I feel blessed to have had him in my life.
(Insert cheesey music here)

2 comments:

Catherine Banks said...

I don't think texting is considered rude anymore unless you're talking to someone (and therefore not paying attention to that someone due to the texting) OR if you're in a dark theater and the light from the device on which you are texting creates a disturbance.

I can't imagine why it would be considered rude otherwise. (Unless you're operating a piece of heavy machinery including a car.)

If I'm wrong..someone...please...do tell!

Tiffani said...

awwww this is awesome. You look SOOOO great by the by!!