Monday, December 15, 2008

stuff and things...

Hello to another Monday!

Today I want to talk about things that made me happy last week. I'm going to take a break from my "Bah Humbug Mania" to discuss a few things of joy.
Dec 9th "The Daily Show" on Comedy Central.
Jon Stewart was interviewing Mike Huckabee and during the interview they started talking about the issue of gay marriage. At my favorite point Jon said this, "...I'll tell you this: Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have for religion? We protect religion -- and talk about a lifestyle choice -- that is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?"
Dec 9th was also my sister's birthday and we went to Starbucks to celebrate. Mmmmmmm, celebration.
Dec 11th. I had wings for lunch. They were tasty.
Dec 13th. I went to the Shane and Shane Christmas Concert at my church. I became a fan of Phil Wickham. His voice is amazing. It's hard to feel Bah Humbug when you are singing praise to the King.
Dec 14th. I went to a Christmas party with my new LifeGroup. It was fun. I played Rock Band for the first time...I have discovered that I am sooooooooooooooooo uncoordinated. Let me tell you something...it is a little sad to discover that your brain, hands and feet don't get along.

Anyway...I had a pretty good week. I did have a bit of nervous breakdown on Tuesday. But, other than that...I was almost Un Scrooge last week!

Almost. Let's not get our hopes too high.... =)

No comments: